- Govindobhog chal(chinigura rice) : 2 cups (soaked)
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Salt : tastewise
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Ghee : 3-4 tea spoon
- White oil : 2 tea spoon
- Cashew : 10-12 pieces
- Raisins : 2 tea spoon
- Bay leaves : 2 -3
- Whole Garammasala: cinnamon sticks 2″ , cardamoms 4-5 , black peppers 8-9, cloves 2-3
- Wash and soak the rice for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker in low flame . Add bay leaves and all whole garam masala and cashew nuts. Fry until the cashew nuts become light golden brown.
- Strain off all the water and add the soaked rice into the cooker in medium low flame and fry until the rice grains are little big in size.At the same time add turmeric and raisins too with the mixture.
- Add 4.5 cups of water and the sugar into the cooker.This is the most important part of this cooking as the water measurement will decide the texture and softness of the pulao . Close the lid and give 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Let the lid to open by itself.Do not release the steam before time.
- Now transfer the pulao in a big bowl so that the pulao don’t become sticky.
- Serve hot with Spicy aloodum .
Enjoy this sweet yummy delicious recipe with your loved ones on any special occasion and make your day more special with your special ones and share your sweet experience with me in comment box below.