- Plain flour : 500 gms
- sugar : 300 gms
- Ghee / Dalda : 125 gms
- baking soda : 4 gms
- Oil : for frying
- Cardamom : 2-3 ( powdered)
- Take a big bowl, add plain flour and soda and mix with hand first.Then add ghee and again mix well. Now add water and make a semi hard dough . Ratio of all ingredients are very important.
- Greeze one plate with ghee and keep the dough on it . Keep the dough in a way so that later you can cut it into square pieces from it with a knife.
- Keep the dough on this plate for 15 minutes to set .
- Now cut into your desired size .
- Take a pan , add sugar and water . Boil until it become a semi thick sugar syrup . Add cardamom powder into it and mix well .
- Take a frying pan ,add oil for frying . Fry in a medium low flame and fry until golden brown .
- Add the fried gaja into it and let it soak for some time. Then take them out and keep in a different plate.
Try this yummy dessert at home and share your experience with me in comment box.