- Small potato : 500 gms
- Tomato : 1 big
- Ginger paste : 2 table spoon
- Whole green chilli : 2
- Roasted Cumin powder : 1 tea spoon
- Roasted coriander powder ; 1 tea spoon
- Chilli flakes : 1/2 tea spoon
- Whole Garam masala :1 big cardamom, 2 green cardamoms, 2 cloves, 1″ cinnamon,4-5 Black pepper, 1 bay leaf
- Dry chilli : 2
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder : 1 tea spoon
- Mustard oil : 3-4 table spoon
- Panchforon : 1 tea spoon
- Coriander leaves : freshly chopped
- Curd : 1 table spoon
- Sugar : 1 tea spoon
- Boil the small potatoes with salt , peel the skin and poke inside with toothpick.
- Take kadai , add mustard oil and let it become hot. Now add panchforon , bay leaf, dry chillies and all the whole garam masala.Fry for some time and add ginger paste ,sugar,salt, red chilli powder and haldi powder, roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder , chilli flakes and also very finely chopped tomatoes. Again fry for 1 min.
- Add all the boiled potatoes and mix very well with all the masalas. Fry and cook them at least for 7-8 mins.Add curd , whole green chilli and fry for another 1 min. Now add water , mix and let them boil with lid for another 5 mins.
- Add ghee , garam masala powder and fresh coriander leaves . Serve hot with rice , roti , paratha or puri.
This is very famous recipe what goes very well with anything. Here i have used very simple easily availabe ingredients .So please try at home and share your experience with me in comment box.