- Tomato : 4-5 ( cut into medium pieces)
- Ginger : 1.5 inch long ( cut into pieces)
- Green chilli : 1
- Curry leaves : 8-10
- Rasam powder : 1 table spoon
- Salt : tastewise
- Mustard seeds : 1 tea spoon
- Hing : one pinch
- Ghee : 1 table spoon
- Tamarind pulp : 1 table spoon ( optional)
- Coriander leaves : freshly chopped
- Take a pan , add cut tomatoes, ginger , green chilli and 4-5 curry leaves. Add little water into it and let it boil for 4-5 mins until the tomatoes become soft.
- Turn of the gas, let it become cool down. Then make a smooth paste of it with some fresh coriander leaves in grinder.
- Take a kadai, add ghee. Once become hot , add mustard seeds , hing and curry leaves. Now add the tomato paste and 2 cups of plain water .
- Let it boil. Once boiling starts, add salt and rasam powder. Let them boil for another 5 mins. Add tamarind pulp and again boil for 2-3 mins.
- Serve hot with freshly chopped coriander leaves .
This recipe is very healthy . If you are making for kids then you can skip adding green chilli. It goes well with plain white rice and also as a appetizer. Please try it in your home and share your experience with me in comment box.