- Potato : 4 ( boiled)
- Ginger paste : 1/2 table spoon
- Green chilli : 2 ( chopped)
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
- Peanuts : 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder : 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder : 1 tea spoon
- Mustard oil : for making potato stuff
- Gram flour( besan) : for making batter
- Baking soda : one pinch
- Coriander leaves : freshly chopped
- Take a kadai, add mustard oil.Now fry the peanuts first and keep them aside.Now in the same oil add cumin seeds ,ginger paste and green chilli. After frying for few seconds add boiled smashed potato into it. Add salt , turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and mix them very well in a medium low flame.
- Add fried peanuts and freshly chopped coriander leaves into it. And mix very well all together. The stuff is ready.
- For the batter in a big bowl add besan , baking soda ,salt and red chilli powder. With water mix them very nicely to make a medium consistency batter.
- Now from the potato stuff, take small portion and make round ball. With the help of a plastic press the round ball inside the plastic cover and put them in the batter.
- In a deep pan , add oil for frying. Carefully take out the flat potato stuff from the batter and directly put it into the medium hot oil. Fry until both the sides become golden brown .
- Serve hot with puffed rice or also can eat with sauce and salad.
This Aloor chop is very famous in west bengal. People love it very very much. Give it a try at your home and enjoy this delicious recipe with your loved ones. Please share your experience with me in comment box.
2 thoughts on “Aloor Chop Without Onion and Garlic( Potato Cutlet )”