- Paneer : 300 gms
- Green peas : 1 cup
- Tomato : 3 medium size
- Cashew : 6-7
- Whole garam masala : 2 cardamom, 2 cloves , 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick , 4-5 black pepper
- Green chilli : 2
- Ginger : 2″
- Butter : 1 table spoon
- Hing : one pinch
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
- Fresh cream : 2 table spoon ( optional )
- Coriander powder : 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder : 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Kasuri methi : 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander leaves : freshly chopped
- First of all , take a pan and add water. Now add tomato, ginger, green chilli , whole garam masala . Let them boil. Once get tender and cold , take out the bay leaf and make a fine paste with rest of all.
- Shallow fry the paneers and half boil the peas.
- Now take a kadai , add oil and butter. Add cumin seeds and hing . Now add grated ginger and green chilli . After few seconds add the masala paste . Add turmeric powder , red chilli powder , salt and sugar. Now cook for 1-2 min .
- Add half boiled matar and kasuri methi. Cook in medium low flame for 4-5 mins. Now add the fried paneer and fresh cream and cook for another 5 mins in low flame. Now add 1 cup of water and mix well. Let it cook with lid for 5 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves .
Matar paneer is a favourite dish for many of us. It goes well almost with everything . But without onion and garlic people find it difficult to make . Please follow my recipe it will taste great and please share your experience with me in comment box.