- Raw Jackfruit : 1 whole ( take out the outer hard skin and the inner hard part and seeds, then cut into medium pieces)
- Potato : 2 medium ( cut into cube )
- Green chilli : 3-4 ( cut lenghwise)
- Whole garam masala : 2 cardamom,2 cloves, 1 ” cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 4-5 black pepper(for tempering)
- Masala paste : Ginger, 1 dry chilli, whole garam masala, fennel,cumin and coriander seeds each 1 tea spoon grind with water.
- Tomato : 1 medium
- Kasuri Methi : 1/2 tea spoon
- hing : one pinch
- Panch foron : 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt : tastewise
- Sugar : 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tea spoon
- Fresh coriander leaves : chopped
- First of all cut the kathal in proper way using oil on your palm and fingers. Its the difficult part. If you get store bought readymade kathal pieces can also use that.
- Now put the pieces in pressure cooker with some salt and water and give just one whistle. Once the pressure gone,take out the pieces and fry them seperately in one pan . keep aside.
- Now take a kadai, add oil. Add panchforon , all whole garam masala,and one pinch hing.
- Now add potato pieces into it. Fry till golden brown .Now add Masala paste , tomato, green chilli, turmeric powder , salt , sugar and red chilli powder. Cook very well in medium low flame for min 7-8 mins. After this add the fried kathal and kasuri methi. Mix nicely all together.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water and let them boil with lid for 5-6 mins in low flame. Add garam masala powder to it and mix. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with plain rice , parata or roti . Its a spicy tasty recipe . Everyone will love it for sure. Please try it at home and share your experience with me in comment box.
One thought on “Spicy Kanthal Dry Recipe ( Raw Jackfruit ) Without Onion and Garlic”
Hi dear would you like to follow for follow.
Please subscribe my Blog and shower your love on my Recipes ❤️