- Plain flour : 1 cup
- Ghee : 3-4 table spoon
- Curd : 2 spoon
- Salt : one small pinch
- Sugar : 1/2 cup
- Baking powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Baking soda : 1/4 tea spoon
- Take a big bowl. Add plain flour with all the ingredients except for sugar. Now mix them nicely first without water. Then add just 3-4 spoon water and mix all together until they all bind . Once it bind do not knead much . It will not be a smooth dough. keep it with cover for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Now take small portions from it and give round flat shape and make a whole in between. But the whole will not be like donut.
- Now take a pan , add sugar and boil until it becomes medium thick sugar syrup. Keep it aside . It should be medium hot during soaking the balusahi.
- Take a thick pan , add oil. Deep fry all the balusahi in a very low flame until golden brown .
- Put all the balusahi into the sugar syrup and flip them 2-3 times and take them out from the syrup.
- Garnish with pistachios.
This sweet recipe liked by everyone as it is not very sweet. It has a crunchy texture along with the sweetness what most of the people like . Please try at home and share your experience with me in comment box.