- Kala mocha : 1
- Potato : 2 ( cut into small cube)
- Tomato : 1 small( chopped)
- Grated coconut : 2 table spoon
- Moong Dal : 2 table spoon
- Panch foron : 1 tea spoon
- Bay leaf : 1
- Dry chilli : 1
- Spice paste : ginger 1 inch , dry chilli 1, 1tea spoon cumin seeds, 1 tea spoon corriander seeds, 2 cardamom, 2 cloves , 1 inch cinnamon stick ( make paste with water)
- Whole garam masala : 1 cardamom , 2 cloves, 1″ cinnamon stick
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder : 1/2 tea spoon
- Take out the hard part and the small white part from each of the single flowers of the banana flower and then cut each flowers in a very small pieces . Then wash the pieces into turmeric water.
- Pressure cook the pieces with water and turmeric with 2 whistle.
- Strain all the water and shallow fry them in less oil in medium low flame and keep aside.
- Dry roast the moong dal , wash well and boil them for 5 mins. keep aside.
- Take a kadai , add mustard oil . Add panchforon , bay leaf , dry chilli and all whole garam masala. Add cubed potatotoes and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the masala paste,chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder , salt and sugar.Now fry very well in low flame for some time .
- When the masala gets fried well , that time add fried banana flowers and mix well.
- Now add moong dal and mix well. Add water and let them boil with lid for at least 8-10 mins.
- Now add fresh grated coconut into it and also garam masala powder and mix well.
- From top add fresh corriander leaves .
This is a very special and super tasty recipe. It goes best with white rice. Enjoy with your loved ones and share your comments with me in comment box.
One thought on “Kala mocha ( Banana Flower) Recipe”
Nice& Tasty one.