- Milk : 1 litre
- Lemon juice : 3-4 table spoon
- Suji : 1 table spoon
- Baking powder : 1 pinch
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Water : 2.5 cup
- First make chena from milk using lemon juice ( procedure you can get in my steamed sandesh recipe).
- Strain the solid chena through a strainer and wash it with plain water to make sure there is no lemon juice flavour .
- Add suji and a pinch of baking powder into it and knead for atleast 8-10 mins so that the chomchom will be very soft.
- Make small portions from the dough and roll them on your palm and give a oval shape.
- Put 1 cup sugar with 2.5 cup water into a pressure cooker and let it boil.
- When boiling starts put the chomchom one by one. Dont put all sweets at a time else there will be crack in the sweets .
- Let them boil for another 10 mins in high flame and after that put the lid and let it cook in very low flame for 45 mins to one hour.Make sure no whitsle comes.
- Open the lid add crushed cardamoms and close the lid and let it cool for another 1.5 hours.
- Perfect chomchom is ready .
Enjoy this delicious yummy sweet with your loved ones and share your experience in comment box.